The property is in Buriano , a tiny medieval village dating back to the 10th century. It is on the top of a hill from which you can admire the enchanting panorama of the plain of the Tuscan Maremma, a few kilometers from the tourist center of Castiglione Della Pescaia in the province of Grosseto.
This property is ideal for who looks for a solution for private use or a for profitable small business. Infact currenty this is organized as as a Guest House with a small restaurant into it, but it can be converted in a private residential villa. Inaugurated in 2004 and constantly updated over time from a technical point of view, the property is in excellent condition.
The property spreads over three levels and covers a total of 315 square meters, plus a 173 sqm terrace.
- 1 large covered terrace of 110 square meters,
- 1 large hall (now a restaurant room),
- 1 kitchen
- 3 bathrooms,
- 1 technical compartment.
First floor :
- 5 large bedrooms, each with a private bathroom.
- The rooms enjoy absolute tranquility and privacy.
- All have independent entrances: some rooms have a garden and spacious balconies, and others have terraces overlooking the surrounding landscape.
- Each room is 25 square meters with a private bathroom.
All rooms guarantee maximum comfort and come with:
.flat screen tv
.bathroom set and hairdryer.
- 2 warehouses,
- 1 technical room,
- 1 cellar
- 2 storage rooms (95 sqm)
Outdoor areas include terraced gardens and relaxation areas which include:
- 1 large and comfortable solarium area with hydro-massage tub
- 1 Private parking.
It is a delightful eco-friendly property.
From the earliest stages of construction, the structure is built to be ecologically sustainable and respectful of the surrounding territory. The property is currently in an excellent state of maintenance and functionality.
All technical systems achieve the best results:
- 1 system of 15 KW photovoltaic panels partially occupies the roof of the building, guarantees electricity production and total energy supply autonomy.
- the sanitary water is warm through the thermal panels that allow you to always have hot water for the rooms and the accommodation.
- throughout the structure, there are bins dedicated to separate waste collection;
- the lighting in all the gardens and the living and accommodation areas come with LED technology;
- the maintenance of gardens and greenery is carried out without chemical fertilizers.
Why buy a property in Buriano, near Castiglion Della Pescaia.
Quality of life, privacy, tranquility, and constant contact with nature are the key factors determining a natural life choice.
The location is in one of the most precious corners of Tuscany: on a hill 350 meters above sea level, just 7 km from the sandy beaches of Castiglione Della Pescaia, a few tens of km from spas, archaeological sites, natural parks, historic cities.
The property is suitable for multifunctional use:
– for private use for a large family group.
– for an activity dedicated, as it is now, to tourist reception and catering;
The current owners promote the local economy through the protection and enhancement of the cultural heritage of the area. Among these, there is also the culinary tradition.
The management of the small, typical restaurant is conducted exclusively with zero km, organic (NO OGM) products with low use of fossil fuel.
The restaurant offers typical dishes of the Maremma area; it overlooks a large terrace overlooking the great Maremma plain and is used not only for the guests of the Inn and tourists passing by but also for parties and events.
The location and the logistics
The position of the Locanda is strategic for the possibilities the surrounding area offers.
It is at the beginning of a natural green park, ideal for those who want to do outdoor activities, from walking on the paths on the hill, excursions by mountain bike or with an e-bike, horseback riding, and taking riding lessons in the nearby stables.
From a logistical point of view, it is easy to organize day trips from here to places of great interest within a radius of 50 km.
For those who love the sea, there are the islands of the Tuscan Archipelago:
The island of Elba and the island of Giglio from the ports of Piombino and Porto Santo Stefano are about 50 minutes from the Locanda. And then again, the island of Giannutri, full of Etruscan and Roman finds; the mysterious and inaccessible island of Montecristo; la Capraia, reachable from Livorno, the wild island of Pianosa.
For those looking for total well-being and relaxation, the many Spas and natural sources such as:
– Cascatelle del Molino (Saturnia) and Montemerano with sulfurous water with beneficial health effects that flows at a temperature of 37.5 ° C,
– Terme di San Filippo (Fosso Bianco), from which you can reach the impressive football formations and waterfalls called “the White Whale.”
Those who love history and, in particular, archeology in the immediate hinterland will find the priceless treasures of the many villages of Etruscan origin, such as
– Vetulonia is an Etruscan archaeological site dating back to the 9th century BC.
– Roselle and its Archaeological Park, which preserves remains from the Etruscan and Roman periods -.
– Populonia, between Piombino and the Gulf of Baratti, is now also home to the Experimental Archeology Center, where you can experiment with the ancient techniques of working with ceramics and stone.
And then again, the old middle age town of Massa Marittima and The Archaeological Park of Tufo, with Pitigliano Sovana and Sorano, with very narrow canyons delimited by high and steep tuff walls, generated about 600,000 years of volcanic activity.
Without forgetting Monte Amiata’s area which is rich in parks and natural reserves; villages, parish churches, and abbeys that preserve millenary testimonies shrouded in suggestive mysteries.
For those who prefer gastronomic tours, the territory is rich with itineraries for all tastes that allow guided visits to factories that produce oil, cheeses, and, of course, highly prized wines.
Montalcino can be an obligatory stop: the village has remained intact since the 16th century, surrounded by hills and evocative countryside landscapes. Here, a tour of the area’s wineries and a walk through the village shops are necessary. You can also take nature walks in the nearby countryside or in the villages of Bagno Vignoni, San Quirico, Pienza, Castiglione d’Orcia.
Finally, there are the parks and beaches of the marine coast for nature lovers.
The Maremma Natural Park, overlooking the coast: includes the famous beaches of Collelungo and Cala di Forno. Inside the Park, it is possible to do educational visits, and excursions on foot, by bicycle, canoe, and carriage. You can admire the species that populate it, such as the Maremma wild boar, the Maremma cow, the osprey, and the traditional work done by the “Butteri,” the local cow-boys, a true icon of the Maremma area.
The beaches of the Maremma coast are still an area of primordial purity, such as Calaviolina, about 25 minutes by car from the Locanda and Cala Civette. There are no bathing establishments or equipped rooms: they are ideal beaches for those who love nature and are looking for the most direct contact. An earthly paradise: the waters are green, crystalline, the sand very clear.
Punta Ala is of another type and charm: a fascinating and exclusive tourist center 25 minutes by car from the Inn with a very famous tourist port;
le Rocchette, 20 minutes by car from the Locanda, with a beach, is located in front of a centuries-old pine forest.
And then again. Talamone. Ideal place for lovers of sailing, windsurfing, and kite-surfing.
And finally, Castiglione Della Pescaia: is one of the best tourist destinations in Italy in terms of services, sea quality, and natural environment.
Grosseto airport: 18 km
Pisa airport: 140 km
Florence airport: 160 km
Castiglione della Pescaia, 15 km
Punta Ala: 35 km
Talamone: 50 km
Piombino: 60 km
Porto Santo Stefano: 65 km
Grosseto: 19 km
Siena: 85 km
Florence: 150 km
Livorno: 144 km
Pisa: 152 km
Rome: 211 km