Located in the heart of the old town of Florence, the apartment is on the first floor of a listed historic building from the 16th century, formerly the home of an ancient Florentine family, right in the majestic Piazza Pitti. The apartment has been completely refurbished and it directly overlooks the Piazza with 4 windows with a total front view of the grandiose Palazzo Pitti.
The huge spaces and the very high ceilings with exposed beams give the apartment a feeling of great elegance and historical value, already announced by the entrance to the building and the elegant stone stairs with wrought iron balustrades.
The internal surface of the apartment is about 300 square meters and includes a large entrance hall, a huge hall, a living room with a large dining room that overlooks the square; a kitchenette and a bathroom with laundry serve the living area; 4 double bedrooms characterized by large spaces and very high stages, 3 bathrooms. Also included is a mezzanine easily reachable from the hallway of the sleeping area which includes two other bedrooms and a bathroom with window. The apartment overlooks a large internal courtyard.
The property also includes an 18 sqm cellar. Independent heating.
Due to its grandeur and internal structure, the apartment lends itself to being very versatile: it is a sumptuous private residence, but it can also be a property suitable for high-level rentals. Furthermore, thanks to the fact that there are two different accesses from the outside, the apartment can also be lent to an internal division into two large independent apartments.
The windows overlooking Piazza Pitti already say everything about the location of the apartment: you are in the heart of the old town of Florence: Palazzo Pitti is an imposing Renaissance palace in the Oltrarno area, a short distance from Ponte Vecchio. The original nucleus of the building dates back to 1458, then purchased by the Medici family in 1549 and then again from 1737 became the main residence of the Habsburg-Lorraine Grand Dukes of Tuscany. Following the unification of Italy, it played the role of royal palace for the House of Savoy in the five years in which Florence was the capital of the Kingdom of Italy (1865-70). In 1919 the Palace was donated to the State to become, since then, one of the largest State Museums in Italy, with internal areas divided into specific museums:
the Palatine Gallery with masterpieces by Raffaello and Tiziano, the Royal Apartments, the Gallery of Modern Art, the Treasury of the Grand Dukes; the Museum of Fashion and Costume (the largest Italian museum dedicated to fashion); the Porcelain Museum and the Carriage Museum. The palace is then adorned by the extraordinary and enormous Boboli Gardens, one of the world’s great masterpieces of Italian gardens. Today this large area (Palazzo Pitti and Guardino di Buboli) is a privileged place for major cultural events.
The Oltrarno, where the apartment is located, is one of the most beloved areas of Florence, due to its particular atmosphere that reigns in the streets and squares (Piazza del Carmine and Piazza Santo Spirito). In addition to the beauties already described, the area is full of many small restoration shops, antique dealers, restaurants, a stone’s throw from Ponte Vecchio, from which it is easy to reach Piazza Signoria and in the area of the Uffizi Museum. Wherever you are, you will feel the real atmosphere of Florence and its great history.