Homes for sale in Chianti, Italy, between wine and breathtaking landscapes
This farm is just outside Panzano, just 7 km from Greve, the capital of Chianti in the province of Florence.
The property lies on a gentle hill at 500 meters above sea level. It extends for 42 hectares (103,784 acres) and dominates a beautiful and typical landscape adorned with vineyards and olive groves, churches, and ancient castles immersed in rich oak woods.
The fine vineyards extend for about 9 hectares with an entirely south / southeast exposure to Florence and Siena.
The peculiar nature of the soil, stony and hard to break up, and the exposure to midday, is ideal for the Sangiovese Grosso, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot vines. These are precious vines that contribute decisively to the production of pulpy, soft wines with aromas of wild berries.
The farm has a long family tradition behind it, over 50 years of history, with a path taken step by step in the name of quality, respect for the land, and environmental sustainability.
- In the early 70s, the first production of Chianti Classico begins.
- The Vinsanto Rosso di Caratello production also begins towards the middle of the decade, which will become DOC about 20 years later.
- In 1977 began the commercial and distribution business of wines with his label.
- In the early 90s: the quality search continues to arrive at the first Super Tuscan wines production.
- In 1991, the Farm obtained the certification of Organic Farm, the result of experience and love for nature acquired in the field with patience. They used only natural fertilizers, avoiding herbicides to safeguard the production and protect the delicate microcosm of the bees’ hives at the edge of the downed wood, returning the precious honey.
The pursuit of quality has led the Farm to open fruitful collaborations with international oenologists.
Tuscany: the wine region
The Art of Oenology is the Company’s most incredible pride. The cellar provides:
- steel vats for over 300 hectoliters (6599.07 gals)
- French barrels and tonneaux for 300 hectoliters ( 6599.07 gals)
- concrete and steel vats for fermentation
- the Vinsantaia, a specific environment, one of a kind, created specifically to make Vinsanto.
These processing and storage facilities are the flagship of the production and aging of the Farm’s wines.
The natural qualities of the place combined with a wine production system made according to the most ancient local traditions (with a careful dosage of up-to-date winemaking techniques) have produced excellent results over the years. The market has given credit to so much quality production, giving awards over the years (700 prizes) in various national and international oenological contexts.
The villa composition
The property includes a Villa, outbuildings, and other surrounding lands of high value. Their arrangement makes up a small hamlet with the primary residence, the cellar, and rooms used as offices, showrooms, storage, and garaging areas.
The main Villa is on different levels.
On the ground level, there are rooms now used as offices and showrooms. However, it can be transformed into an independent apartment with an entrance hall, study, a kitchen (with a wood oven), a bedroom, and a bathroom.
On the second level, an elegant stone staircase leads to the main manor house, refined taste, maintaining a purely Tuscan style with terracotta floors and exposed beams. The interiors are bright and have a superior appearance. It is the result of progressive renovations and fine-tuning with quality materials. They feature:
- large living room with fireplace,
- four bedrooms and three bathrooms,
- terrace overlooking the valley and equipped with a hydro-massage tub.
The rooms of the Villa allow a possible further internal subdivision, being able to separate the places and constitute an additional apartment with functionally:
- living room,
- four bedrooms,
- two bathrooms.
- outdoor Spaces
This small village is the stereotype of the lifestyle of the high profile Tuscan Country Houses.
Thanks to the several levels that gravitate around the main farmyard, the facilities of the wine production, and conservation areas combine harmoniously with the residential ones. The shaded green areas with the vegetable garden and the terraced garden adjacent to the Villa can enjoy an incredible view of the whole surrounding valley.
Due to this magical configuration, the property is perfect for welcoming groups of guests for events, celebrations, and wine tastings, enjoying the quiet and incomparable beauty of the surrounding hills and the perfectly cultivated land with vines and olive trees.
The property is just outside the Borgo of Panzano.
Located between Siena and Florence, Panzano is today a delightful ancient Borgo. As you stroll through the quiet streets, you will immediately feel like you are in another era. If you follow the paved roads, you will come across small shops and artisan workshops with works and artifacts by local artists.
The main square hosts outdoor restaurants and bars, where you can breathe the typical atmosphere of a Tuscan village, rich in scents and aromas, and points of attraction. Some have become known worldwide, such as the Butcher Cecchini, a historic family of butchers, a meeting point for locals and tourists in search of fine authentic meats and steaks!
Panzano is only 7 kilometers away from Greve, the “capital village” of Chianti, where services of any kind are available, such as shops, banks, post offices, public transports that frequently leave towards Florence and Siena.
Why should you buy a Farm with vineyards and wine productions in the Chianti?
Buying a farm in Chianti, producing quality wine, and living the places can be an excellent business choice, as well as a lifestyle choice. You can take over an already well-established top-level wine business with an internationally known and accredited brand, with the possibility of direct management or entrustment to interested third parties.
This property includes many good features for a versatile and multitasking investment.
- It is suitable as a big family Villa or as a country house for great holidays in Tuscany,
- it is perfect for a selected and high-level hospitality activity,
- it has everything to organize typical courses of a Didactic Farm (yoga, pilates, meditation, food, and wine), welcoming groups of occasional guests for events, celebrations, and wine tasting.
A Chianti farm between Florence and Siena
Coming from Florence (or from the Firenze Sud exit of the motorway), follow the Chiantigiana (SR 222) signs, which passes through Grassina, Strada in Chianti, and then Greve in Chianti. From here, the particularly scenic road to get to Panzano is only 7 km before.
Coming from Siena, take the SR 222 and follow the signs for Castellina in Chianti and Greve.
Panzano is also easily reachable by public transport: the usual bus goes to Greve – the number 365 – and you can catch it at the central bus station in Florence near the Santa Maria Novella train station.
There is also the famous Ugolino Golf Resort, just 15 km away.
- The closest town to the property is Greve in Chianti: 7 km
- Florence city center: 20 km
- San Gimignano 15 km
- Siena: 30 km
- Pisa: 100 km
- Lucca: 110 km
- Arezzo: 65 km
- Volterra: 58 km,
- Montalcino: 92 km, 1 hour and 20 minutes by car.
- Bologna: 120 km
- Rome: 250 km
- Milan: 330 km
- Amerigo Vespucci-Florence Airport: 30 Km
- Pisa International Airport: 120 Km
- Bologna International Airport: 135