Independent Property in Tuscany, in Castellina Marittima, province of Pisa.
On a hill at 375 meters, with a panoramic sea view, and a few kilometers from the coast.
A careful renovation, begun in 2008 and completed in 2010, makes this property a jewel of comfort and functionality, in a context characterized by superior living standards.
The property is discreetly located, secluded but not isolated, on the southern edge of the small town of Castellina Marittima.
You enter through an automatic opening gate, after which the large Villa immediately appears, surrounded by an elegant courtyard and a well-kept garden in which a very original swimming pool stands out.
The position allows maximum privacy while enjoying the reassuring presence of other houses nearby.
The 279 square meters of the Villa are over 3 levels.
- large porch transformed into a bright veranda protected by glass windows
- kitchen dining room
- lounge room
- room with bath/shower, toilets, and Finnish sauna for 3, or 4 people
- laundry room with warehouse and pantry
- technical room for the heating plant.
An elegant internal staircase with opaque glass steps rises from the ground floor to the first upper level, where you find:
- large living room with dining room and study area
- kitchen with a large panoramic window
- 3 double bedrooms
- 1 bathroom with bath, shower, and toilet
- bathroom with shower and toilet
- large balcony with double access from the dining room and the kitchen. It extends on two sides and looks towards the superb panorama of the surrounding hills and the total view of the sea.
Continuing with the staircase, you arrive at an attic where you can find:
- double room
- bathroom with shower and toilet
- large pocket terrace from where you can admire again, and at a higher level, the gorgeous surrounding landscape (from the sea right in front of the Apuan Alps to Corsica).
Property oriented to Sustainability, and Re-use of Resources.
The whole property is on a slightly rocky slope which guarantees solidity and structural integrity. The outdoor area is full of large spaces for lunch and dinner outdoors. A couple of small structures are also available for storing tools, garden supplies, wood, etc.
The garden is a masterpiece, the result of skillful botanical choices by the owners, a natural oasis made up of:
- typical plants of the Mediterranean maquis
- fruit trees, olive trees, and even a cypress at the bottom
- hedges of oleander, photinias, pittosporum, laurel, box
- large bushes of aromatic plants such as lavender, rosemary, and sage.
And then again: oaks, holm oaks, paulownia tomentose, numerous succulent plants, wild irises, and others from hybridizations of the renowned Iris Garden in Florence.
Finally fruit trees, olive trees, and even a cypress.
The large swimming pool and relaxation area are next to the Villa, in a panoramic position facing the sea. Installed in 2010, the pool is a structure with:
- length 11 meters,
- width 5.5 meters,
- depth of 1.5 meters in the center and 1.2 meters at the sides;
- elegant Roman staircase for safe access to the basin.
Property with a Unique, Never Seen Swimming Pool.
The original element of the pool is the arched cover.
It consists of 5 mobile and autonomous sections. They run on push rails in both directions. They allow for (total or partial) coverage of the pool: the parts can be easily packed inside each other at any point above or outside the body of water to leave the swimming pool completely unobstructed. The cover allows the water to be heated naturally and you can use the pool from April to October, even in adverse weather conditions, rain or wind.
The internal height, from 2.06 m to 2.40 m, allows you to stand inside easily. In addition to protecting the basin from atmospheric agents, falling leaves, or stray animals, the cover can also be used as safety protection, thanks to the connections with the centralized alarm system.
The technical equipment of the pool:
- sand filter,
- circulation pump,
- salt electrolysis plant for water disinfection with natural chlorine
- electrical system for operation management.
- hot water for the shower comes from a 30-liter solar-heated container pipe.
Property Structured for Safety and Sustainability.
Technical equipment and safety systems:
great attention to the provision of control systems that accentuate the comfort and safety of the entire property. Are installed:
- an alarm system that you can manage remotely
- two external webcams connected via the internet.
Heating and conditioning of the Villa include:
- Heating is divided into three zones with separate collectors: Ground floor, 1st floor, and attic;
- District heating for the 1st floor and attic that can be activated separately;
- Air conditioning in the attic and on the first floor;
- Heating plant with methane boiler and solar system for hot water with 500-liter storage tank + Anti-limescale system;
- Windows and external doors with double thermal and shatterproof safety glass;
- Stove with high-performance double combustion, radiant glass, and reduced wood consumption, located in the living room.
In addition to all this, also:
- barbecue with the electric draft;
- large wood-burning oven in the kitchen on the ground floor.
The property where water resources are optimized and re-used.
The property links to the municipal aqueduct, but it has its systems that allow for the conservation and functional recovery of water:
- 3,000-liter drinking water tank filled from the mains and autoclave to always maintain optimal pressure;
- 18,000-litre rainwater tank with submersible pump fed by roof downspouts, for garden irrigation with the drip distribution system;
- 500-liter reserve tank, upstream in the garden, for irrigation.
Other technical features guarantee connectivity and safety.
- Fiber optic internet connection
- Intercommunicating video entryphones on each floor, with a video camera at the gate
- Gate: automatic opening with remote control,
- Grounding system and lightning protection
- Biological pits with double chamber + clear water wells.
Why Buy a Property on The Hill and Close to the Sea Coast.
It is a property to be enjoyed in total comfort and safety all year round, not just as a holiday home.
It is ideal for family groups who can find a reassuring and enjoyable meeting point on this property.
The small town of Castellina Marittima has the characteristics of a typical Italian village with a calibrated population density (just under 2000 inhabitants), with all the services available, and, above all, with that familiar atmosphere typical of small communities in the Tuscan province.
This property has the characteristics of an ideal “Buen Retiro” in one of the most popular areas of Tuscany, where it is still possible to find oases of privacy and tranquillity. The privileged position on the hill allows you to enjoy the great view of the sea and the pleasant sea breezes that temper the summer heat and make the winters mild.
The place enjoys its seclusion, but it is not far from the main roads connecting the coast to the main capitals of Tuscany, Liguria, and northern Lazio.
It is sheltered from the lively “movement” of tourists and holidaymakers in the summer, the stretches of pleasant provincial roads that connect the property to the splendid crystalline waters of the sea of Castiglioncello, the Etruscan Riviera are short, the Spiagge Bianche of Vada, famous localities as Bolgheri and Castagneto Carducci and, a little further south, the enchanting inlets of Populonia with the archaeological sites of very ancient Etruscan settlements.
The location is also strategic for the Thermal Centers in the southern area between Grosseto and Siena, the Maremma natural parks, and the sites of historical interest scattered throughout this area of Tuscany.
Efficient is the logistics: it allows you to reach the main motorway arteries in just a few minutes towards Pisa, Grosseto, Livorno, and inland towards Volterra, Siena, and Florence.
- Pisa airport: 60 km
- Florence airport: 100 km
- Rosignano motorway junction: 11 km
- Vada: 15 km
- Livorno: 40 km
- Pisa: 60 km
- Grosseto: 106 km
- Florence: 100 km