It is a large country estate near Florence.
It consists of about 400 square meters of the main farmhouse, agricultural outbuildings for about 115 square meters, and several hectares of land with olive groves and vineyards.
The farmhouse is made of stone and is in the typical architecture found in The Tuscan countryside.
Easily accessible via a short dirt road, just off the main state road, the property enjoys a genuinely enchanting position, perched on a gentle hill at 340 meters above sea level. It overlooks a natural terrace from which you can enjoy a panoramic view over the entire surrounding valley.
the 400 square meters are perfectly restored and are on two levels. The layout is such that you can enjoy the interior spaces as:
1) single large family home with:
- wide entrance,
- living room with fireplace,
- Four bedrooms,
- Three bathrooms,
- cellar with restored barrel vaults,
- study room,
- bright room in a former barn,
2) Spaces can also become three different apartments, each with independent entrances and structured as follows:
a) Main apartment on two levels, with:
- large independent entrance,
- living room with fireplace,
- Two bedrooms,
- Two bathrooms.
b) Apartment with :
- independent entrance,
- living room with restored vaults,
Currently, the predisposition for kitchen and systems is already available;
c) Mini apartment with:
- independent entrance,
- large living area with fireplace and kitchen corner (arrangement already available),
- bathroom (to be made).
The approximately 115 square meters adjacent to the main house, partially to be restored, consist of:
. Wine Cellar, equipped with an old oven for making bread,
. Two outbuildings for the storage of agricultural tools, technical systems, autoclaves.
Technical features and equipment of the property.
- Restructured and insulated roof guarantees solidity, safety, and protection.
- Heating: autonomous LPG system, with separated boilers.
- Complementary wood-fired boiler
- Water from a private spring.
- A second water well is available for agricultural purposes.
A large garden extends around the farmhouse and its annexes, partially delimited by a beautiful long wrought-iron balustrade. The layout is such as to create a well-equipped protected area and constitutes a real natural terrace overlooking the agricultural land below with olive groves and a small vineyard.
But above all, it is an observation point from which you can enjoy a truly splendid view of the surrounding valley.
The lands around the farmhouse and those below extend for various hectares. They include 530 olive trees (for 43 quintals of olive oil /4687 liters) and a small vineyard that produces the precious red wine Chianti Rufina Docg (about 10-15 quintals per year).
The property is on the hills between Pontassieve and Rufina, part of the vast Chianti area towards the north, just 25 km from Florence.
The area shows the typical characteristics that have made the Tuscan countryside famous all over the world: rolling hills with cypresses, olive groves, and vineyards; farmhouses and farms scattered near villages and ancient churches, small discreet centers, today modernly structured and which coexist organically with nature and the surrounding places.
The area is renowned today for many reasons linked to its generous territory and its millenary history. It is the area of:
– prestigious wine production that boasts the Chianti DOCG mark (Controlled and Guaranteed Designation of Origin);
– excursions through paths to visit Medici villas and castles, ancient farms that produce high-quality wines and olive oil (La Strada Dei Vini), churches, convents, and parish churches of old memory;
– small and fascinating museums that keep alive the testimonies of the activities and traditions of the mountains and hills (Museum of the Vine and Wine);
– sale of local handicrafts linked to the tradition of ancient crafts.
– fairs and village festivals that take place at various times of the year in honor of the typical products and traditions of this land;
– naturalistic excursions, ideal for groups of friends and family, or relieving individual retreats, walking through the quiet of the woods to reach waterfalls and springs, natural reserves such as that of Lake Falgano, capable of giving unique suggestions.
Various historical testimonies date back to the 9th century BC, with Etruscan and Roman garrisons. Other evidence comes from the Middle Ages and then again from the Renaissance, which confirms settlements of monks’ convents. We owe the first reclamation works along with the river Sieve and the beginning of the cultivation of vines. Subsequently, the area saw a demographic expansion with the construction of farms and manor houses.
Still clearly visible are the evidence of ancient architecture, such as the 11th-century Torre di Monte Bonello and its tiny village. Other testimonies come from several churches, such as the Church of Santo Stefano in Castiglioni, which displays a 14th-century pictorial table; the Church of Santa Maria a Falgano, with a gabled façade with a single entrance portal surmounted by a small eye. Also valuable is the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine ai Fossi, of medieval origin, located along the ancient mule track that connected the two different contiguous areas of the Casentino and Val di Sieve.
Why buying a property in Tuscany.
This property has all the features to satisfy your needs. If you are looking for a typical corner of Tuscany, surrounded by nature, near small towns complete with every comfort and services, this is truly a corner of paradise,
The property lends itself to multifunctional use:
- it can be a private home for your family for short and repeated holiday periods;
- it can be the ideal place to retire in retirement;
- if you are also thinking of a conversion of the property for hospitality purposes and agritourism activities, the farmhouse is already well prepared for an internal subdivision into three different apartments;
- the position on the hills, the surrounding spaces in the most absolute are also ideal for hosting small groups of guests to whom the typical services of a Didactic Farm (yoga, pilates, meditation, painting, etc.) office.
The property has a genuinely unparalleled value for money and a NOT NEGOTIABLE PRICE.
The property is just over 2 km from the nearest grocery store, restaurant, and hotel. Rufina and Pontassieve are the two closest towns and are respectively 2.7 km and 6 km away. Equipped with all the services (schools, hospitals, centers of worship, sports facilities, libraries, shopping centers, etc.), you can reach these centers by convenient state roads that pass through beautiful natural landscapes that flank the Arno river up to the center of Florence, about 25 km away.
Distance from major centers and airports.
- Florence City Center: 25 km.
- Arezzo: 69 km
- Siena: 90 Km
- Lucca: 106 km
- Pisa: 114 km
- Bologna: 133 km
- Rome: 267 km
- Milan: 328 km
- Amerigo Vespucci-Florence Airport: 32 km.
- Pisa International Airport: 109 km
- Bologna International Airport: 130 km